W E L C O M E
My Sister Mary is an all volunteer, non-profit organization which was established to honor the memory of Mary E. (Fallon) Gistis.
Our goal is simple: we want to raise funds for cancer research or to benefit a cancer treatment facility. We have set a 5-year financial goal to raise $100,000 for this cause. We hope to achieve our financial goal by conducting several unique fundraising opportunities.
In 2013, we raised over $20,000 and distributed once again 50/50 to the same two cancer groups.
The money was raised by:
- Selling and exchanging jewelry, and a portion of the proceeds was donated to our charity
- Raising funds by running events such as the Chicago Marathon, Hampton Beach Half Marathon and South Africa's 'Big Five' race
- Annual fundraiser events with gracious donations from local businesses, restaurants and New England-area hotels
- Fundraising at the North River Theater
- And selling Mary Gistis' photographs at nearly every event
There are a number of ways which you can contribute to the group's fundraising efforts. Please view our Events page for a list of upcoming planned activities. Of course, you don't need to attend an event to make a donation, though!
Children's Book Series
This children's book series, "The Adventures of Sabrina," was started especially to raise money for our charity.
Naperville Half Marathon
Hampton Half Marathon
Stratham Fair Roadrace